Physio Optimum is now offering Telehealth appointments for those patients who may be affected by the COVID-19 virus.
You may need to access online appointments if you are:
- Self isolating
- Have travel restrictions in attending face to face appointments
- Reluctant to come into a clinic currently for “hands on” treatment
How does Telehealth physiotherapy work?
- Consultation will take place over the internet using a program called PhysiApp. This allows a video phone call to take place where physio and client can see each other and discuss the client’s problem.
- Alternatively, for those of you who are not tech savvy we can do a consult over the telephone
- PhysiApp can be accessed on your smartphone, tablet or laptop
Through this program our physiotherapists can:
- Make a diagnosis of your condition
- Give advice on management of the condition
- Provide a personalised exercise program for your injury with demonstrations and a copy of the program to access on the app (or a printout if required)
- Recommend and send out equipment and products which will assist with your injury.
Who can access Telehealth appointments?
- Online appointments are available to anyone who requires them
- Telehealth appointments are covered by Workcover, Motor Vehicle Accident claims, DVA, NDIS, private health funds (14th April) and Medicare if you have a care plan from your doctor.
How do I pay?
- One of our receptionists will give you a call prior to your appointment to process your payment over the phone by credit card.
- Health fund rebates will apply from the 14th of April.
- Workcover, Motor Vehicle Accident claims, DVA, NDIS and Medicare care plans are billed directly to these entities with no expense to the patient.
How do I start accessing Telehealth appointments?
- Call Physio Optimum on 82841193 and our receptionist will explain the telehealth process and organize a time for an telehealth appointment with one of our physiotherapists.